Evans High School is a co-educational secondary school located in South Blacktown. It offers a comprehensive education to students from the local area as well as a significant number from other areas many of whom travel quite long distances to avail themselves of the opportunities offered. An Intensive English Centre is located on site, catering for in excess of 150 students who have recently arrived in Australia and who require intensive tuition in English.
Evans High School is home to a specialised unit catering to students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Students who are part of the Learning Assistance Faculty are taught in either a specialised home room environment, or as part of mainstream high school classes, depending on their needs.
Evans High School offers a diverse range of educational experiences, both academic and extracurricular. Our students take part in a variety of creative and performing arts activities throughout the year, with our Multicultural Day and MADDFEST performances always a highlight of the school year. Football United targets students with an interest in football (or "soccer" as it's otherwise known!) and provides them with the opportunity to develop their skills in playing, coaching and refereeing, with the support of A-Grade athletes.
Other special programs the school offers include:
- Partnerships with universities and TAFE NSW Institutes
- Local business partnerships through BEACON and ABCN
- Vocational education and training (TVET) courses
- Extension activities and extracurricular opportunities
- Leadership and equity programs
- Gifted and talented program
- Work experience and careers guidance
- Cultural exchange programs with rural schools
- Extensive sport program and learn to swim school
- Intensive English Centre
Evans High School is equipped with many specialised facilities including:
- Commercial kitchen facilities
- Trade training centre
- Performing arts studio and specialist drama room
- Six computer labs and wireless internet access
- Four video conferencing suites
- SMART Boards in 17 classrooms and growing
- Indoor and outdoor gyms
- Covered outdoor learning area